Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Not everyone is blessed with long, slender legs, but that certainly doesn’t mean you can’t change the look through fashion! All you have to do is get creative and be careful with the styles you choose to wear, and we’ve got the scoop on which bottoms work best.
Rule number one? If you want your legs to look longer, choose models with a higher waist. We’ve made sure that every pair of pants and leggings on the list below has (at least) a mid-waist cut to achieve this lengthening goal. From there, you have a few different options.
Darker washes and shades are always favorable and you can choose from several legging styles. As trendy as baggy pants are right now, if you’re shorter, they might not do you any favors in that department. Instead, opt for tight, straight, flared or baggy pants. We’ve picked a few of each below, so read on for supermodel-length legs!
Leggings and yoga pants
1. Classic flared yoga pants are always a solid default style, and this pair from Zella is one of our absolute favorites – $69 at Nordstrom!
2. These TOPYOGAS flared yoga pants are also excellent, but the V-shaped waist band can make your legs look that much longer – $25 on Amazon!
3. You can also achieve a V-belt with them ODODOS leggings and has different inseam length options as a major bonus — $23 on Amazon!
4. These Depot for leggings standard high-waisted, full-length leggings are basic, but they’re almost always guaranteed to look flattering if you go for darker shades – starting at $8 on Amazon!
5. If you want to wear more beautiful leggings, this faux leather pair from SPANX is our all-time favorite – $98 at Nordstrom!
Casual and elegant pants
6. We’re obsessed with the retro 60s vibe that these Ella Raraella Stretch Pants give off – $99 on QVC!
7. These Isaac Mizrahi Knit Flare Pants are unique because they have vertical seams on the legs, which helps with lengthening purposes – originally $69, now $40 on QVC!
8. Look super trendy in these high-waisted pants from Reformation, which feature a slimmer wide leg that’s more than flattering — $178 at Nordstrom!
9. The front hem slit on these The Pulled Knit Drop Pants create a slight flare that will look great with pointed toe shoes – starting at $36 on Amazon!
10. These sculptural NYDJ pants fit so perfectly at the hips and thighs, then flare out above the knee to create a dreamy silhouette – $89 at Nordstrom!
11. It definitely doesn’t get more chic and versatile than this pair of high-waisted, wide-leg pants that we’ve totally fallen in love with – $99 at Nordstrom!
12. Straight-leg jeans are a strong alternative to skinny style, and we’re obsessed with this pair from NYDJ — originally $99, now $74 on QVC!
13. The faded black wash of these Madewell jeans is prime for elongating the legs, and we adore the fitted style paired with a slightly tapered leg – $128 at Nordstrom!
14. If you’re looking to go for lighter jeans, this pair of Levi’s straight-legs is amazing thanks to the ultra-high waist – $108 at Nordstrom!
15. We also think that darker blue washes can make legs look longer, especially when the jeans are as pretty as this pair from The Drop – $55 on Amazon!
16. Bell bottoms are such a classy style that they can make your legs look longer and that KDF elastic couple is a winner — $39 on Amazon!
17. These DREAM baggy jeans have a special coating that makes them look like leather pants, and buyers are seriously swooning – $45 on Amazon!
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
See more of our offers and offers here!
Browse fashion, beauty and health products. Also, check out our gift guides.
This post is brought to you by the Us Weekly Shop Us team. The Shop Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as wedding guest outfits, purses, plus size swimwear, women’s trainers, bridal pieces and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. However, the selection of products and services is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the publication.
The Shop With Us team can receive products free of charge from manufacturers for testing. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not determine our decision whether a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop with us works independently of the ad sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected] Happy shopping!