Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
If you’re looking to show off your figure, opting for body-hugging is the way to go – but just because something is tight on the sides doesn’t mean it’s the most flattering. In fact, we think certain looser styles are more confidence-boosting, but you need to know which details to look out for.
You can go for looser dresses that have the right neckline to slim down your overall figure—or have some waist-cinching detail to create a flattering silhouette. The same goes for tops, bottoms and panties! It takes the right eye to know which loose styles to choose for summer, and we have some experience in this area. To help you out, we’ve curated a collection of the best summer clothes that are loose, comfortable and can make you look sleek and understated. Check them all out below!
1. Whether you want to wear this Treasure & Bond tunic over the top or tuck it into your bottoms, it’s a solid foundation you can rely on all season long – $55 at Nordstrom!
2. The drawstring detail on this CiCiBird button-up short-sleeve top creates a peplum that further slims down – $27 on Amazon!
3. This adorable little top from The Remidoo also has a peplum vibe, but has a shorter cropped hem – starting at $27 on Amazon!
4. A must-have top for summer is a classic, oversized button-up like this one from Dokotoo, which can be styled in many different ways – starting from $34 on Amazon!
5. This knitted cardigan from Meihuida is interesting because it has a relaxed shape, but still shows skin in a beautiful way – $20 on Amazon!
6. Wear this sheer mesh short sleeve t-shirt from WDIRARA over a bralette and high-waisted shorts and you’re in business — $33 on Amazon!
7. A-line dresses are always flattering, even when they’re looser cut like this linen midi dress – $89 at Nordstrom!
8. Although this Caslon shirt is quite flowy, there is a tie detail at the waist that cinchs you in a bit – $89 at Nordstrom!
9. Keep your look simple and classic in this light-as-air DKNY linen maxi dress — $115 at Nordstrom!
10. Show off your legs in this adorable mini dress from Free People that has an effortlessly feminine vibe – $108 at Nordstrom!
11. This knit maxi dress by Treasure & Bond is the ultimate example of a looser style that’s seriously slimming – $39 at Nordstrom!
Jumpsuits and overalls
12. This crop top from Topshop is so loose, it almost looks like a mini dress — but the stretchy details still provide a flattering silhouette — originally $68, now $58 at Nordstrom!
13. We’re seriously in love with the design of this Lucky jumpsuit, which looks more like a top and wide-leg pant combo than a one-piece – $139 at Nordstrom!
14. With looser jumpsuits, you want to look for a tight detail like the tie belt that comes with this style from Fraiche by J – $99 at Nordstrom!
Pants and denim
15. When it’s particularly hot outside, wear these lightweight wide-leg trousers from Rip Curl, which have airy lace details on the sides – $70 at Nordstrom!
16. These wide-leg jeans from Billabong are balanced and extremely slimming thanks to their high-waisted, fitted cut — $90 at Nordstrom!
17. The looser fit around the hips on these AGOLDE High Waist Shorts Can Really Make Your Legs Look Longer – $138 at Nordstrom!
18. Reviewers say these linen pants from Open Edit are comfortable and make the waist look small – $69 at Nordstrom!
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
See more of our offers and offers here!
This post is brought to you by the Us Weekly Shop Us team. The Shop Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as wedding guest outfits, purses, plus size swimwear, women’s trainers, bridal pieces and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. However, the selection of products and services is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the publication.
The Shop With Us team can receive products free of charge from manufacturers for testing. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not determine our decision whether a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop with us works independently of the ad sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected]. Happy shopping!