DUBAIUAE, May 8, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Binance, the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider, has debuted “Build The Block,” a new global digital series where Web3 startups will compete for investment from Binance Labs. Build The Block is a first-of-its-kind show format and Binance’s first foray into the meta universe.
12 projects will compete for the top honor, each fighting to impress a live audience and jury, including And Hehco-founder and CMO of Binance and head of Binance Labs; Ibo Ling, Chief Business Officer of Binance; Guy Turnerco-founder of Coin Bureau; Azim Khanmember of the World Economic Forum Crypto Sustainability Coalition and Gitcoin Fundraising and Partnership Guide; and Robbie Jung, CEO of Animoca Brands and partner at Animoca Capital. The show will be hosted by Justin Brattonhost of Asia He has talent.
Contestants were hand-selected from over 900 applications and will compete live in front of a virtual studio audience and judging panel. The show will air in seven episodes on Binance’s YouTube channel and Binance Live, starting with the first episode of May 12 at 14:00 GMT. Episodes will air every Tuesday and Friday, with the finale airing Friday, June 2.
“Build The Block is Binance’s latest innovative experiment – creating the industry’s first metaverse investment competition. This program has attracted many entrepreneurs and builders to showcase their Web3 projects and we hope a platform like this will encourage others to innovate even more,” said And Hehco-founder of Binance and head of Binance Labs, “We believe in the potential of the metaverse and blockchain technology and will continue to empower creators to build the future of the Internet together.”
Build the Block contestants:
- Mind Network: a full encryption network built on a proprietary Adaptive Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE) framework to protect all user data, smart contracts and AI on Web3. It was originally implemented as a privacy-preserving decentralized data lake that offers encrypted high-performance storage and pay-as-you-go data computation.
- Crypto tax: Kryptoskatt simplifies Web3 finance for clients worldwide with a comprehensive suite of solutions that include accounting, portfolio management and tax reporting. Supporting over 2000+ DeFi protocols, 100+ exchanges and wallets, and 50+ blockchains, Kryptoskatt is the one-stop shop for all Web3 financial needs.
- Sandbag protocol: a platform that offers effective and reliable security protection to help businesses protect their customers’ assets from loss. It provides businesses with a way to secure on-chain assets with proactive protection mechanisms without affecting regular business operations.
- Wallet Guard: a web3 security extension designed to block wallet drains and phishing attempts while providing confidence to all your transactions. Open source, installs in seconds and starts working right away.
- Ontropy: a blockchain platform that uses heavy cryptography and Zero-Knowledge (ZK) protocols to eliminate the need for oracles and bridges. It uses proof-of-score, a consensus mechanism, and off-chain immutability. With this system, users can validate their own data, ensuring security and reducing transaction costs by up to 80% at 3x faster speed.
- Hannah: privacy layer 0, ensuring the security and privacy of all blockchains. It provides trustless interoperability consisting of a multi-asset zk-UTXO (Zero-Knowledge Unspent Transaction Output) enabling private payments across applications and enterprises.
- PIP: a Web3 payment company that aims to accelerate the future of global micropayments. They specialize in creating innovative payment products for individual users and their services include social payments, Web 3 identity (link in bio), payment button and payment link. PIP’s mission is to make it easier for people to make and receive payments in the Web3 ecosystem.
- The harvest: a third-person Hero Shooter game that focuses on team play, mobility and abilities. Created by veterans of the gaming industry and using elements of MOBA and shooters in a battle between 4 teams of 3 players each, the game is designed to allow players to play in their own way and create unique strategies for success by combining different web2 and web3 elements.
- Notebook Labs: a platform that uses zero-knowledge proofs to embed fully compliant Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) infrastructure into DeFi protocols at the smart contract level. In this way, institutions and retail investors can access decentralized markets, trade real-world assets (RWAs) and provide liquidity in a compliant and privacy-preserving manner.
- zkPass: a composable privacy-preserving identity protocol based on Multi-party Computation (MPC) and Zero-knowledge Proof (ZKP). It enables users to selectively prove their verifiable data on Web2 and Web3, including legal identities, financial, health, social, experience, education, skills to third parties without revealing personal privacy details.
- Bracket Labs: builds structured leveraged products in the chain with simple interfaces and innovative, adaptive pricing to greatly improve usability. Bracket Labs launches BracketX.fi, a platform that helps traders quickly capitalize on volatility in both sideways and trending market conditions.
- DappOS: a company that focuses on building an operational protocol to lower the barriers to entry for Web3 applications. dappOS focuses on creating solutions that improve the usability and accessibility of Web3 applications, with a special focus on reducing barriers to entry for users.
Build The Block was created by Binance Studio, Binance’s in-house Web3 global creative studio, and takes place entirely in the metaverse using virtual cameras and custom avatars. The series was created in partnership with A form of lifethe leading provider of technology solutions for Web3 virtual human avatars.
Follow @BinanceLabs on Twitter and #BuildtheBlock to learn more about the contestants and see behind-the-scenes footage.
Binance is the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency an infrastructure provider with a suite of financial products that includes the largest digital asset exchange by volume. Trusted by millions around the world, the Binance platform is dedicated to increasing money freedom for users and has an unmatched portfolio of crypto products and offerings including: trade and finance, education, data and research, social good, investment and incubation, decentralization and infrastructure solutions, and more. For more information visit: https://www.binance.com