Are you ready for the ultimate meal? This deep fryer mac and cheese it’s quick, easy and so incredibly delicious; sure to become a family favorite!
Air fryer mac and cheese is here to change the game! Get ready for the creamiest, dreamiest mac and cheese, all cooked to perfection in your trusty air fryer.
Best of all, this no-cook, no-fuss recipe means loads of delicious cheese, ready in no time.
An air fryer not only makes cooking mac and cheese easy, it also elevates this humble dish to its richest, cheesiest potential.
The combination of cream cheese, sharp cheddar and a pinch of spices makes it downright irresistible for kids and adults alike!
With tender, perfectly cooked noodles and so much creaminess, Air Fried Mac and Cheese takes comfort food to a whole new level.
You’ll never want to make this dish any other way!
How to make Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
FIRST STEP: Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Spray the air fryer pan with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP THREE: Place the pasta and spices in the pot.
STEP FOUR: Pour the cream and water over the noodles and toss to make sure all the noodles are coated.
STEP FIVE: Cut the cream cheese into cubes and arrange them on top of the macaroni.
STEP SIX: Add one cup of cheddar cheese to the mac and cheese mixture. Stir, then place the pot in the fryer.
STEP SEVEN: Cook your mac and cheese, stopping and stirring every 4-5 minutes until cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
STEP EIGHT: After 15 minutes, stir another ½ cup of shredded cheese into the maca cheese.
STEP NINE: Add the last ½ cup of shredded cheese on top of the mac and cheese.
STEP TEN: Place the pan back in the fryer for 3-4 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
What to serve with air fried macaroni and cheese
Although the classic macaroni and cheese dish is a crowd favorite, it can sometimes seem like a stand-alone dish. However, pairing it with the right sides can take this comfort food to the next level.
Consider air-frying broccoli and cauliflower to add some veggies and texture to your meal.
For a heartier option, try adding some protein, such as pork chops in the fryer or boneless buffalo wings on top of your macaroni and cheese.
Don’t forget the classic side of garlic bread for a delicious and satisfying combination.
How long to cook macaroni and cheese in the deep fryer
It only takes 25 minutes to make this Deep Fryer Baked Mac and Cheese with this recipe!
That means you can cook your pasta AND taste oven-baked mac and cheese in just 20 minutes in the deep fryer!
Tips for making the best air fryer Mac and Cheese
- Use the correct air fryer pot! I recommend the one that will fit most 4.2 quart deep fryers and larger.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes for even melting. This ensures that every bite has a hint of creaminess.
- Stir every 4-5 minutes! This helps the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese melt while preventing browning and a crunchy top.
- Store leftover mac and cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For reheating macaroni and cheese in the deep fryerpreheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. Spray air fryer bowl, add leftover mac and cheese and air fry for 4-5 minutes until heated through – or just turn them into mac and cheese bites!
Can you reheat macaroni and cheese in a deep fryer?
Yes, you can definitely reheat macaroni and cheese in an air fryer to revive your leftover mac and cheese!
Simply preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F and place the macaroni and cheese in an oven-safe dish in the air fryer basket. Cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
You can also add some breadcrumbs on top and air fry for another minute to get a crispy topping.
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us Facebook, Instagramor join our free Facebook Air Frying community.
Time to prepare
1 ½ cups dried macaroni noodles
1 teaspoon of dry mustard
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup of water
4 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pasta and spices in the pot.
- Pour heavy cream and water over the noodles and toss to make sure all the noodles are coated.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and arrange them on top of the macaroni.
- Place one cup of cheese into the mac and cheese mixture. Stir and place the pot in the deep fryer.
- Cook the mac and cheese for 15 minutes, but stop and stir every 4-5 minutes. This helps the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese melt without the top browning and getting crunchy.
- At the end of the 15 minutes, add ½ cup of crumbled cheese and stir it into the mac and cheese. Cover the maca cheese with the last ½ cup and return to the fryer for 3-4 minutes until melted and bubbly.
Quantity per serving:
Calories: 610Total Fat: 51 grSaturated fats: 31 grTrans fats: 1gUnsaturated fats: 15 grCholesterol: 152 mgsodium: 736 mgCarbohydrates: 19gFibers: 1gsugar: 3gProtein: 20 gr
This nutritional information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Product brands and sizes can alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.