Smashville, we’re back.
After a water main break caused significant damage and postponed games on Friday and Saturday, Bridgestone Arena will safely reopen its doors for Tuesday’s game between the Nashville Predators and Anaheim Ducks.
Thanks to team officials, arena staff, the city of Nashville and more than 30 public agencies and private companies that have assisted in the recovery effort, the guest experience for Tuesday’s game will be similar to what fans have come to appreciate in Smashville.
The Preds will also wear their adidas Reverse Retro 2022-23 jerseys for the second time this season to make up for Saturday’s postponed Reverse Retro game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The puck drops at 7pm CT and the game will be broadcast on Bally Sports South, 102.5 The Game and El Jefe Radio. Here’s everything you need to know:
Below are Nashville’s lineups from Wednesday’s game against Detroit:
Forsberg – Pjarsinen – Granlund
Smith – Johansen – Niederreiter
Jankowski – Glass – McCarron
McDonagh – Josie
Ekholm – Carrier
Lauzon – Blacksmith
The good guys
- Roman Josey has 15 points (4g-11a) in his last 13 games after collecting two points (1g-1a) last Monday against Arizona.
- After recording his 12th assist of the season last Monday against Arizona, Philip Forsberg leads Nashville in points with 19 (7g-12a) and has four multi-point shutouts in his last 12 games.
- John Hynes won his 100th game as head coach of the Predators on Nov. 17 against the New York Islanders. It was also his 250th career NHL victory, tying him with Don Cherry and Milt Schmidt for 64th on the NHL’s all-time list.
- Juuso Parsinenwho made his NHL debut Nov. 12 against the Rangers, has five points (3g-2a) in his first six career NHL games.
- Nino Niederreiter has nine goals and 11 points in his first 20 games with the Predators to start 2022-23.
- Mikael Granlund opened the 2022-23 season with 13 assists and 15 points in his first 20 games. He has eight points (1g-7a) in his last 11 games.
- Among NHL players who have played at least 300 games, Ryan Johansen is second with 62.5 percent. Johansen has won at least 50 percent of his faceoffs in a franchise-record 23 straight games, a streak that ended Wednesday in Detroit.
- Colton Sissons is third in the NHL in short-handed games won (42).
The other guys
Anaheim (6-15-1) has lost two straight games and is currently in last place in the Western Conference. The Ducks are coming off a 5-4 loss to the Seattle Kraken on Sunday in which they scored a season-high three goals on the power play.
Nashville is the first stop on a four-game road trip for the Ducks, who will also travel to Dallas, Minnesota and Winnipeg before returning home. Troy Terry (9g-14a) paced Anaheim with 23 points, and his nine goals and 14 assists were also team highs.
Dates for all time
The Predators are 35-31-(2)-11 all-time against the Ducks, including a 24-11-(2)-3 record at Bridgestone Arena. This is the first of three games between Nashville and Anaheim in 2022-23 and is the first and only at home.
Nashville went 3-0-0 against Anaheim last season, outscoring the Ducks 13-6 overall. The Preds have earned at least a point in 12 of their last 14 games against Anaheim (9-2-3).
Notables vs. Anaheim
- Forsberg has 20 points (7g-13a) in 19 career games against Anaheim, including five multi-point outings. He became the first player in Predators history to record multiple five-point games when he had two goals and three assists on March 21, 2022 in Anaheim.
- Josey scored his first career NHL goal on December 10, 2011 against Anaheim. He has 20 points (5g-15a) in 27 career regular-season games and recorded a five-game hitting streak (1g-6a) against the Ducks from Nov. 25, 2018-Jan. 16, 2020
- Matt Duchesne has 10 points (6g-4a) in his last eight games against the Ducks, including two three-point performances in 2021-22.
- Sissons has eight points (3g-5a) in 15 career games with Anaheim.
- Jeremy Lauzon made his Predators debut on March 21, 2022 in Anaheim.
Nashville moved to 3-6-0 on the road in 2022-23 with the loss at Detroit on Wednesday. The loss ended Nashville’s six-game hitting streak against Detroit as the Predators were shut out for the second time this season (Oct. 29 vs. Washington).
Despite the loss, Nashville held a 64-48 advantage in shot attempts and forced the Red Wings into turnovers 17 times. Goalkeeper Kevin Lankinen made his first start since Nov. 10 at Colorado.
Watch and listen
Coverage of Tuesday’s game begins at 6:30pm CT with Predators LIVE! Pre-match show on Bally Sports South hosted by Lindsay Rowley alongside pundit Hal Gill. Play-by-play announcer Willie Downick and analyst Chris Mason will have the call from the television side.
Pete Weber and JP Dumont will call the game on 102.5 The Game and the Predators Radio Network with pregame, postgame and intermission coverage from Max Hertz. The game will also be broadcast in Spanish on El Jefe, which airs on 96.7 FM, 105.3 FM and 810 AM.