UNIVERSITY PARK, PA – No. 12 Penn State Football hosts Rutgers at Beaver Stadium on Saturday at noon for Senior Day. The contest, presented by New Holland, airs on FS1 with Chris Myers (play-by-play) and Robert Smith (analyst) on the call.
Fans are encouraged to visit Game Day Central for all Penn State Football game day traffic, parking and game day information. Real-time traffic, parking and gate information will be shared on the Beaver Stadium Twitter account (@beaver_stadium).
Beaver Stadium’s family-friendly entrance gates, located at Gate F and the ADA entrance, will open at 9:30 am, 2.5 hours before kickoff, while the remaining gates will open at 10 am. Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early to facilitate the entry process. During the first 45 minutes after doors open, early bird fans will have the opportunity to receive $1 off for every $5 purchased at the concession stands (see below).
Day of the Elderly; The ceremony starts at 11:30
- Penn State Senior Day, presented by the Penn State Alumni Association, will honor seniors who will take the field at Beaver Stadium for potentially the last time Saturday in a pregame ceremony.
- The ceremony will begin at 11:30 am
Happy Valley Hospitality/Tailgating Reminders
- Penn State Athletics reminds fans to be respectful, show their Happy Valley hospitality and behave to make game day at Beaver Stadium safe. Be loud, proud, respectful, responsible, great fans and gracious hosts.
- Fans are asked to be aware of cars entering and exiting the parking lot.
- Intercollegiate Athletics also works hard on recycling and sustainability in ICA events and activities. These sustainability efforts include providing recycling bags in the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Fans are encouraged to be environmentally responsible and participate in Penn State’s recycling and sustainability efforts by separating recyclable items before, during and after the game.
- Blue recycling bags and clear trash bags are located throughout the Beaver Stadium parking lots. Only bottles and cans should be placed in the blue recycling bags. All other items should be placed in clear garbage bags.
The pre-game show on the pitch starts at 11:40am
- Fans are asked to arrive for the start of the pre-match show, which starts at 11.40am
- The show features the Penn State Traditions video, the Penn State Blue Band, cheerleaders, the Lionettes and The Nittany Lion.
Transfer with the help of fans
- Through Penn State’s partnership with SP+, a fan shuttle program will be available on game days to assist fans needing mobility assistance to get from the parking lots to the stadium and then back to the parking lots after the game.
- The transfer starts two hours before kick-off and resumes at the start of the fourth quarter for the return. The service ends one hour after the end of the game.
- A map of shuttle locations can be found here.
What’s new at Beaver Stadium
- Various game day improvements are in effect at Beaver Stadium for the 2023 season.
- Most notably, Gate D, located at the stadium’s northeast entrance, has been expanded into a family-friendly entrance and fan experience area for both adults (Happy Valley Alley) and youth (Kids Zone).
- Other notable changes this season include the addition of a lap child ticket policy, new concession options and two public address speakers.
- For more information on what’s new at Beaver Stadium this season, please visit here.
Team Arrival and Party at Beaver Stadium
- The Beaver Stadium Block Party, which takes place on Curtin Road between University Drive and Porter Road, starts at 8 a.m. Saturday.
- Fans can expect food, football and entertainment each week with a variety of activities along Curtin Road such as live music, inflatables, fan photo booths, food trucks, caricature artists and more.
- The team is expected to arrive around 10 am
- The team will get off the blue buses and walk along Curtin Road from Porter Road to the South Tunnel.
- The Penn State Blue Band will march down the middle of the Block Party approximately one hour prior to the start of each game.
- Mobile ticketing continues to be the preferred method of Penn State Football ticket delivery for all games at Beaver Stadium. Mobile ticketing enables improved ticket delivery, management and security.
- Fans are asked to download mobile tickets to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay on their phone prior to game day.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please visit here.
- Multiple charging stations are located in and around Beaver Stadium, as well as outside booths for customer relations. The kiosks have chargers and adapters for iOS and Android devices.
- To assist the entry process, mobile ticket scanners and metal detectors are at each entry point. This season there will be additional magnetometers and signs at various gates for enhanced security screening to streamline entry through the gates.
- Download the Penn State Nittany Lions App: Apple · Android.
Penn State University Bag Policy
- Penn State University’s bag policy remains the same for the 2023 season.
- Clear bags will be permitted and may be 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or smaller.
- In addition, a small clutch or bracelet measuring 4″ x 6″ x 1″ will continue to be acceptable.
- Full information on the University’s bag policy can be found here.
- For questions or additional details, please contact the Office of the Associate Vice President, Police and Public Safety.
Game day traffic pattern
- Penn State’s football day traffic pattern will be in effect again this season.
- Please visit here to familiarize yourself with your route to Beaver Stadium before leaving for the game.
- One-way traffic will begin at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Fans can be informed of travel restrictions by visiting www.penndot.gov. Drivers can also stay up-to-date on the latest travel conditions by visiting www.511PA.com.
- Fans can follow @beaver_stadium on Twitter for game day traffic and parking updates.
Beaver Stadium Student Entrance
- The following protocols will remain in effect for student entry this season.
- Students must have their mobile season ticket and Penn State ID ready when they begin the sign-in process.
- Upon presentation of their mobile season ticket, students will receive a non-transferable wristband to validate entry to the student section.
- At each portal, students will be required to show their wristband each time they enter to ensure that only students are in the student section.
- Students are required to wear their wristband throughout the game, including while seated in their seating area.
- Students will also see an operational change to the way the student section is filled out, which will improve safety and make logging in easier.
- Students and fans are encouraged to report any issues by texting NITTANY to 69050 and show your Happy Valley hospitality by demonstrating behavior to make game day at Beaver Stadium safe.
- Weis Markets, the official grocery store of Penn State Athletics, is the presenting sponsor of the Beaver Stadium student section this season.
- The car parks will open at 7am on Saturday.
- Game day parking can only be purchased (cash or credit) in lots 25 and 36.
- Game day parking sales will begin when lots open until they sell out or begin, whichever occurs first.
- General parking purchased in advance is variable priced starting at $50 per game, while game day parking will be $60 for the Rutgers game, subject to availability.
- Fans are encouraged to purchase parking passes in advance, not only to take advantage of the savings, but also to help with smoother traffic and parking by displaying the pass as they approach the roads to the stadium parking lot.
- Fans may purchase up to three advance parking passes for one game per account, per game, subject to availability.
- We ask that fans display their parking permit from the rear-view mirror when entering the traffic pattern. Parking permits will be scanned upon entering the lots. Visitors must approach their parking as indicated on the back of their parking permit.
- In the event that game day parking is sold out, you may park in the East, Nittany, Eisenhower and HUB decks on campus while space is available. There is also parking at the Grange Fairgrounds. Fans must enter via south or west to access campus parking lots.
The caravan park is sold out; RV sites and weekend shuttle available at Grange Park
- All Game Day, Season RV and Overnight RV presented by Lerch RV are sold out for the 2023 season.
- Fans who do not have an RV parking permit will need to make other arrangements, and Penn State Athletics has identified Grange Park as an economical alternative with a hookup and shuttle to campus on Friday and Saturday of home football weekends.
- Fans interested in RV parking at Grange Park can reserve a spot by calling 814-364-9212.
Cabins for guest service
- Penn State has guest service booths located inside Beaver Stadium at Entrances B, C, E and F on the field level.
- There are also guest cabins in the north corridor, two in the south corridor and one in the north upper deck.
- Fan assistance is also available from customer relations staff by texting the word “Nittany” with your problem and location to phone number 69050 or by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
The post-game one-way traffic pattern is in effect for approximately 90 minutes
- University police have indicated to Intercollegiate Athletics that the majority of foot traffic typically clears the Beaver Stadium area approximately 90 minutes after the end of the game.
- A one-way outbound traffic scheme will be in place from the end of the race for approximately 90 minutes and fans will need to exit their car park via the directions for their specific traffic area. There is a normal traffic pattern around Beaver Stadium for most of the game.
- Once the one-way exit traffic ends (approximately 90 minutes after the game), fans will be able to exit their parking lot and exit the stadium grounds via any route.
For information on joining the Nittany Lion Club and ticket information for the 2023 Penn State Football season presented by PSECU, as well as club seating at Beaver Stadium, fans can visit www.PSUnrivaled.com or call 1- 800-NITTANY weekdays 9am-4pm