Week 7 NFL odds and matchups feature five divisional games leading up to the always exciting and entertaining AFC West matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs (5-1) and LA Chargers (2-3). Star quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert have led this high-scoring streak in recent seasons, with the last five meetings exceeding 50 points, including a pair of 3-point wins by the Chiefs last season. Action Network reports that the Chargers are 7-0 against the spread (ATS) as a 5-point or more underdog with Justin Herbert at quarterback.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2) have a battle for first place in the NFC South with the Atlanta Falcons (3-3). The Bucs (18 PPG) and Falcons (16.5) are in the bottom quartile in scoring in the National Football League.
Scoring was certainly an issue last week with historically low scores. The games were 2-13 over/under overall and only the Dolphins and Jaguars scored at least 27 points in any week since the 1995 season. The 23 teams with 20 or fewer points were the most of any week in the NFL. The 10 winning teams that scored 21 points or less were tied for the most points each week. This last happened in Week 13 of the 1993 season.
NFL game totals are gone under with over 60% rate this season.
NFL Week 7 Odds
Professional football coefficients from FanDuel Sportsbook are updated periodically and are subject to change, including props and live betting. Point spreads listed in favorites.
- Cleveland (-3.5) at Indianapolis, Total 40.5
- Washington (-3) at New York Giants, 37.5
- Atlanta and Tampa Bay (-2.5), 37.5
- Buffalo0 (-7.5) at New England, 40.5
- Las Vegas (-2.5) at Chicago, 37.5
- Detroit at Baltimore (-3), 43.5
- Pittsburgh vs. Los Angeles Rams (-3), 43.5
- Arizona at Seattle (-8.5), 44.5
- Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City (-5.5), 47.5
- Green Bay (-1.5) at Denver, 45
- Miami at Philadelphia (-3), 51.5 – Sunday night
- San Francisco (-6.5) at Minnesota, 44 – Monday night
Teams with byes this week include: Bengals, Cowboys, Jets, Panthers, Texans and Titans.
Will any of the underperforming teams break through this week? The pathetic panthers are 0-6 and need to rest and recover. But three teams are 1-5 and playing in divisional contests – the Cardinals, Giants and Patriots. The latter two are home underdogs, along with the 1-5 Bears and Broncos.
Types of bets and how to read the coefficients
Bet to watch and track NFL game times each week and note line movements at the leading online sportsbooks. Stronger winds are forecast in Baltimore and East Rutherford, New Jersey for the Commanders and Giants divisional matchup.
NFL Week 7 betting picks, tips, trends and data
Week 7 betting data is from FanDuel Sportsbook. Playbook Sports adds additional tips and trends with information you can bet on.
- The Chicago Bears have lost 10 straight home games, their longest active home losing streak. They are 2-7-1 ATS in those contests.
- The Buffalo Bills are favored to win their 25th straight regular season game, the longest active streak in the NFL.
- The New England Patriots have failed to cover in nine straight games as an underdog, which is the second-longest ATS losing streak as an underdog in the Super Bowl era.
- The low-scoring divisional matchups are the most frequent in the last decade between the Washington Commanders and New York Giants, with 17 of the last 20 meetings going under the game total.
- The Atlanta Falcons have failed to cover in five straight games, their longest streak since 2019. All five ATS losses have had point spreads of +3 to -3; same as Week 7 spread at Tampa Bay (-2.5).
- Detroit Lions are 7-1 ATS in their last eight road games.
- The Arizona Cardinals are underdogs for the 15th straight game, the longest active streak in the NFL.
Playbook Sports also points out more technical handicap tips and trends in the Chargers-Chiefs matchup. The defending Super Bowl champions (KC) who win by right (SU) and against the spread (ATS) are 8-18-2 ATS at home in divisional games next season against opponents coming off an SU loss and ATS. That includes just 1-9 ATS when the champion has more than a .800 winning percentage.
FanDuel reports the following spread bets and money (work) of the most bet teams and games from Week 7 through Friday. Betting figures and odds are subject to change as more bets are placed before Sunday’s matches.
- Buccaneers > 84% of bets and money against Falcons
- Browns > 80% of bets and money vs. Colts
- Rams > 80% of bets and money vs. Steelers
- Bills > 75% of bets and 65% of money against the patriots
- Lions > 70% of bets and money against Ravens
- Raiders > 70% of bets and money vs. Bears
- Seahawks > 63% of bets and 80% of money vs. Cardinals
- Chargers > 60% of bets and money vs. Chiefs
- 49ers > 75% Bets & Money vs. Minnesota (Monday Night)
NFL teamsmatches, odds and props
Stay tuned for more betting news, odds, picks and information on all NFL teams as fans look for more goals, excitement and engagement after last week’s scoring battles.
You can bet on that.
MORE FROM FORBES