A woman who eats takeaway pizza and beer has revealed how she lost nearly six kilos in nine months by following the guidance of top personal trainers.
Divya Ralabhandi, 33, from the US, wasn’t 160 pounds overweight when she started Sydney trainer Rachel Attard’s Lean Legs program, but she was carrying excess weight around her midsection that came on as a result of her lifestyle take-out.
Just months later, Divya managed to get rid of excess fat and stretch her stomach and now weighs 54.4 kilograms.
The 33-year-old explained that she swears by the 80/20 approach to her diet, where she eats healthy 80 percent of the time and allows herself a little of what she loves the other 20 percent.
BEFORE AND AFTER: Woman who eats takeaway pizza and beers reveals how she lost nearly 6kg following the guidance of a top PT (Divya Rallabhandi pictured before and after)
According to Divya, although she was never particularly unhealthy, she did have a few bad eating habits:
“I used to indulge in junk food like beer and pizza too often,” Divya told FEMAIL.
“Those were the first things to come out. Now I only take them occasionally, once every two months or so – and I don’t even crave them anymore.
The 33-year-old replaced her heavy alcohol and carbs with foods like dal, fruit, nuts and lots of vegetables.
A typical day on her plate now includes a breakfast of two slices of toast with butter, cream cheese, Nutella and a banana or an egg, and a lunch of half a cup of dal with vegetables and a piece of chocolate.
“My evening snacks are fruit, nuts or sometimes a handful of chips,” Divya said.
“While dinner is Indian wheat bread called roti, with vegetables or cottage cheese.”
The 33-year-old explained that she swears by the 80/20 approach to her diet, where she eats healthy 80 percent of the time and allows herself a little of what she loves the other 20 percent (Divya pictured now)
Along with her new healthy diet, Divya said she works out five days a week – which includes 45 minutes of low-intensity cardio like walking and then weight training.
“I train my upper body three days a week, following the videos in Rachel’s program, and then I train my abs and lower body the other days,” she said.
“The most important thing, I think, is to be consistent and find a program that you really enjoy doing.”
Divya said she also makes sure to push herself every now and then with her workouts so that she is “constantly growing”.
“Through all of this, I’ve learned that crash diets aren’t good either,” she said.
“You need to eat in moderation and find a meal plan that is sustainable in the long term. Eating 1-2 cheat meals a week when you exercise regularly is nothing to feel guilty about.
Sydney personal trainer Rachel Attard (pictured) is responsible for transforming the bodies of thousands around the world with her program
One of Rachel’s best tips is that you should walk and aim for 10,000 steps every day (pictured Rachel Attard)
Divya isn’t the only fan of Rachel Attard’s workout routine.
The Sydney personal trainer is responsible for transforming the bodies of thousands around the world with her program.
One of Rachel’s best tips is that you should walk and aim for 10,000 steps every day.
“I advise my clients to walk a minimum of three times a week and aim for 10,000 steps each time,” Rachel said.
“I know it seems like a lot, but you don’t have to do it all at once. You can spread this number of steps throughout the day.
PT recommends reducing activities like cycling, sprinting or incline running as these can make your thigh muscles bigger in the long run.
She also tries to take between 8,000 and 10,000 steps each day to stay in shape.
What does your body type say about how you should exercise?
Ectomorphs are usually naturally thin (like Victoria’s Secret models) and find it difficult to build muscle.
If you’re an ectomorph body type, you probably already have naturally slimmer legs. So your goal here is to maintain (or maybe lose some stubborn lower body fat) while building lean muscle.
This way your leg will gain tone and definition and you will avoid the skinny fat look.
Mesomorphs can be quite athletic and respond quickly to exercise, meaning they build muscle easily.
They can lose weight very quickly, but they can also gain weight quickly. They are usually medium in size.
If you’re a mesomorph, overdoing workouts like squats and lunges can easily lead to bulky legs. So, your goal here is to reduce your body fat percentage and avoid exercises that will bulk up your legs in the process.
Endomorphs naturally have a strong build and larger figure. They can build muscle very quickly and it’s a little harder for them to lose weight. But it’s not impossible!
If you’re an endomorph body type, your goal is to really focus on reducing overall body fat and completely avoid any training that can cause you to bulk up.