By The Chronicle staff
CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, non-blocking two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of South Tower Avenue and West Cherry Street just after 2:05 p.m. on Nov. 17.
• A non-injury, non-blocking two-vehicle collision was reported in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue just after 3:00 p.m. November 17.
• Possible injuries were reported following a two-vehicle crash blocking the intersection of Woodland Avenue and Alder Street just after 12:20 a.m. Nov. 18. Officers and medical teams responded. The Centralia Police Department said Monday it did not know the severity of the injuries sustained in the crash.
• A 23-year-old Centralia woman was cited for driving with a suspended license after she was involved in a non-injury collision in the 1400 block of Kresky Avenue around 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 18.
• A two-vehicle non-injury collision was reported at the intersection of West Reynolds Avenue and Johnson Road at approximately 7:35 p.m. on Nov. 19.
Hit and run
• A hit and run reported at the intersection of North Gold and East Maple streets around 8:15 p.m. Nov. 18 is being investigated.
• A 46-year-old Centralia resident was arrested at the intersection of North Tower Avenue and East Third Street around 9:10 p.m. Nov. 18 and booked into the Lewis County Jail for DUI.
• A business was reported burglarized in the 1600 block of Kresky Avenue just before 4:10 a.m. Nov. 18. Two suspects reportedly broke down the front door of the business before one man entered and stole eight RC cars totaling more than $3,000 in value and gave them to the second suspect. Both suspects immediately fled the scene, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• At approximately 12:30 a.m. Nov. 19, a garden rake was reported stolen from a porch in the 600 block of South Gold Street sometime overnight.
• A 33-year-old Seattle man was charged with shoplifting a charging cable from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue shortly after 1:10 p.m. on Nov. 19.
• At 8:45 p.m., Nov. 19, a business in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue reported someone ordered food and left without paying for it. The case is being investigated.
• A tool bag was reported stolen from the 100 block of South Tower Avenue at 6:55 a.m. Nov. 20. The case is under investigation.
• A 33-year-old Centralia man was arraigned in Centralia Municipal Court on fourth-degree assault, domestic violence charges following an altercation reported in the 300 block of South Gold Street shortly after 10:20 p.m. on Nov. 18. The suspect fled the scene in a vehicle and officers were unable to locate him.
• A 38-year-old Curtis man was arrested in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue just before 8:35 a.m. Nov. 19 and booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree assault, harassment, DUI and second-degree driving with a suspended license. He allegedly threatened to kill an acquaintance while displaying a baseball bat and then attempted to flee the scene while under the influence of alcohol when officers arrived. He allegedly bit one officer and pinched a second officer during his arrest.
• A 46-year-old Winlock man was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree assault, criminal trespass, obstructing a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest after allegedly causing a disturbance at a business in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue shortly after 4:30 p.m. on November 19. He reportedly walked away from officers when told he was under arrest and then allegedly spat at an officer.
• The Flock Security camera system alerted officers to a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of South Tower Avenue at 12:40 a.m. Nov. 18. An officer located the vehicle and attempted to block it after it pulled into a business parking lot, but the vehicle sped away, “coming within inches of hitting the police car” and sped off in the wrong direction on Tower Avenue South. The officers did not pursue in accordance with state stalking laws, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Damage to a television reported in the 300 block of Borst Avenue, reported around 9:25 p.m., Nov. 18, is being investigated.
• A 38-year-old Centralia man was charged with trespassing in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road just before 6:20 p.m. Nov. 19.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
From Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total inmate population of 151, including 138 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethics and Restitution Center (WERC). Of the total inmate population, 112 were reported males and 26 were reported females. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported to be male and one was reported to be female.
Sirens is compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at [email protected]. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605, and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you have been a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, or sexual assault, call the Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.