Week after week we get new movies and shows to choose from on Netflix
We hope this article can help. Here you’ll find everything you need for the latest Netflix offerings, including every movie and show coming and going from Netflix this week (between today and next Thursday).
If you’re interested in reading my weekly updated all-time movie rankings, check them out here.
The best new movies and shows on Netflix this week
The Wizard’s Elephant (2023)
Netflix certainly understands the importance of providing family entertainment in the form of animation. Last year, The sea beast performed admirably in the Top 10 charts and eventually earned a Best Picture nomination. And it looks like the streamer’s best animated contender this year will be The Wizard’s Elephant, a film about an orphaned boy named Peter who sets out to find his missing sister. The film stars Noah Jupp, Mandy Patinkin, Natasia Demetriou, Benedict Wong, Miranda Richardson and Aasif Mandvi.
The Wizard’s Elephant was added to Netflix today.
Waco: American Apocalypse (Limited Series)
If you don’t know about the 51-day siege, which included the largest firefight ever fought on US soil… well, I have documentaries for you. Waco: American Apocalypse follows dangerous cult leader David Doresh’s wild standoff with the police in never-before-seen footage. The limited series was directed by Tyler Russell.
Waco: American Apocalypse will be added to Netflix on March 22, 2023.
Carol is a captivating and touching love story set in the 1950s between two women (Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara). With stunning performances, exquisite cinematography and haunting music, it explores the complexity of human relationships and the courage it takes to follow your heart in a world that often seeks to suffocate it. The film also stars Sarah Paulson, Jake Lacy and Kyle Chandler.
Carol was added to Netflix today.
The Night Agent (Season 1)
With crime dramas all the rage these days, it’s no surprise to see Netflix keep piling on its own offerings. And it looks like the most intriguing option in quite some time The night agent, which follows Peter Sutherland (Gabriel Basso), an FBI agent who is unexpectedly drawn into a deadly conspiracy that involves a mole in the White House. The show also stars Lucian Buchanan, Hong Chow, DB Woodside, Enrique Murciano and Eve Harlow.
Season 1 of The night agent will be added to Netflix on March 23rd.
The most action-packed option available this weekend definitely has to be Furies, a Vietnamese action film that promises a lot of fighting. The film centers on a mysterious woman who trains three girls to take revenge on a gang that routinely abuses other women. The film is directed by Veronica Ngo and stars Dong Anh Quynh, Toc Tien, Rima Thanh Vy, Thuan Nguyen, Song Luan, Gi A Nguyen and Phan Thanh Hien.
Furies will be added to Netflix on March 23, 2023.
Every new movie and show on Netflix this week
- March 17: Agent Elvis (Season 1); Caught Out: Crime. Corruption. Cricket (2023); Dance 100 (Season 1); Information (Season 1); In His shadow (2023); The last man on earth (2021); Maestro in Blue (Season 1); Noise (2023); Poole Poole Molkar (Season 2); Sky High: The Series (Season 1); Strangers (2022); The Wizard’s Elephant (2023)
- March 20: Carol (2015); Gabby’s Dollhouse (Season 7)
- March 21st: We lost our man (season 1)
- March 22: Close to Home: Murder in the Coalfield (Season 1); Invisible city (Season 2); I see you (2019); The kingdom (Season 3); Waco: American Apocalypse (Limited Series)
- March 23: Furies (2023); Johnny (2023); The night agent (season 1)
Every movie and show is leaving Netflix this week
Note: The date marks your last day to watch these movies.
- March 17: All I Wish (A Little Something for Your Birthday) (2017); Lou over the wall (2017); Outback Truckers (Seasons 1-3); XV: Beyond the triline (2016)
- March 19: Instant hotel (Seasons 1-2)
- March 21st: Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend (2019)
- March 23: Secret superstar (2017)