OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – After a 5-1 loss to Midwestern State, the Lubbock Christian University men’s soccer team traveled to Oklahoma City to face Oklahoma Christian.
Lubbock Christian (4-3-6, 0-2-3) at Oklahoma Christian (3-6-5, 2-2-1)
Saturday, October 21, 2023 – 5:00 p.m
Eagle Soccer Field – Oklahoma City, Okla.
- The Chaps are coming off a 5-1 loss against #2 Midwestern State, their third loss of the season.
- LCU is 0-3-5 in its last eight games, the most recent win coming on Sept. 16 against Northwest Nazarene.
- The Chaps’ six ties are the most ties in a season in program history.
- LCU had 149 shots, 70 of which were on goal.
- The Chaps are averaging 1.38 goals per game on 11.5 shots per game.
- LCU enters Saturday’s game at 9th place in the LSC rankings.
- The Chaps have not played in five of their last eight games, their goal against Midwestern State their first since Oct. 4.
- LCU has scored just three goals in Lone Star play, the fewest in the LSC.
I CAN SEE FROM MILES AND MILES
- Tom Miles is one of the top goaltenders in the nation this season, ranking 14thth nationally total saved.
- He is first in the Lone Star Conference in saves and saves per game.
- Miles recorded four shutouts, the second-most at Lone Star. Shutouts came against Northwest Nazarene, Dallas Baptist, Eastern New Mexico and UT Tyler.
- Tom is the reigning LSC Goalkeeper of the Week.
NOT SO MUCH THE SECRET WEAPON
- The Chaps were led offensively by the Graduate Student Pablo Gallietero Dies who has five goals and two assists this season.
- He is in the Lone Star top 10 in shots, shots on goal, goals and points.
- Pablo scored 24 goals in his career.
- Simon Zechi made a huge impact in his first season with the Chaps, scoring four goals and adding an assist.
DISHIN’ IN OUT
- Sophomore Enzo Jacques recorded four assists this season, eighth most in the Lone Star Conference.
- Jacques scored the game-winning goals against Adams State and Northwestern Nazarene. His two game wins rank him third in the LSC in GW.
- Lubbock Christian’s men’s soccer program opened 2010 with a 3-1 win against Southwestern University (NM). On November 9, 2021, in the first round of the LSC Tournament, the Chaps won the 100th game in program history, defeating UT Permian Basin 6-0.
- Chap’s program enters the 2023 season with an overall record of 108-89-27.
THE OKLAHOMA CHRISTIAN SERIES
- The Chaps dominated the all-time series against the Eagles, entering Saturday’s game with a 10-4-3 record.
- Earlier this season they drew 2-2 in Lubbock.
- LCU is 2-1-2 all-time on the road against Oklahoma Christian.
- Oklahoma Christian is coming off a 3-1 win over UT Tyler on Wednesday.
- The Eagles come into Saturday’s game at 4th place in the LSC rankings.
- They have been outscored 16-for-21 this season, allowing 1.14 goals per game on 11.2 shots per game.
- The Eagle offense is led by Ellis Jones, who has scored five goals this season.
- Flynn Koemer made 31 saves on 116 shots on goal for the Eagles. He allows 1.43 goals per game and has a .633 save percentage.
- The Eagles are coached by Mitchell Sowerby, who is in his 3rdrd season.
I WILL WIN
- Give the Chaps their fifth win of the season.
- Give LCU their 114th win in program history.
- Give the Chaps a 1-2-3 conference record.