#6 Boston University (1-1-0, 0-1-0 HE) at Notre Dame (1-2-0, 0-0-0 B1G)
Date and time: Friday, October 20 – 7 p.m. | Saturday, October 21 – 6 p.m
Venue: Compton Family Ice Arena – South Bend, Ind.
X/Twitter: @BUGameDay | @TerrierHockey
Boston University’s sixth-ranked men’s ice hockey team will travel to Notre Dame for the first time since 2016 as the Terriers travel to South Bend to take on Notre Dame. Both games will be broadcast on the Peacock. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 PM on Friday night and 6:00 PM on Saturday.
- BU fell to No. 6 in both polls after two losses, including a 6-4 loss at New Hampshire on Friday.
- Freshman Maclean Celebrini scored twice against the Wildcats and currently leads the entire Hockey East with three goals.
- Celebrini also has one assist for four points through his first two NCAA games.
- freshman Tom Wilander had the main help of Sr To Luke Tuch goal at UNH and also lit the lamp that night for his first collegiate goal.
- Sophomore Lane Hutson recorded his 50th career point with an assist on Celebrini’s second goal of the night.
- Hutson reached 50 points in just 41 games, totaling 16 goals and 34 assists in that span.
- He is the fastest Terrier defenseman to reach that milestone since Dick Lambie did it in 25 games over two seasons (1976-77 and 1977-78).
- Freshman Jack Harvey recorded his first assist in his varsity debut last weekend while a classmate Aidan Celebrini collected his first two assists as a Terrier.
- Twelve different Terriers have recorded a point this season, including five freshmen.
- BU is 6-8-2 in 16 meetings against Notre Dame, although the Terriers have won the last two contests against the Irish.
- Both wins were at Aghanis Arena, including last season’s 5-2 triumph; BU is 1-5-0 at Compton Family Ice Arena.
- The Terriers’ last trip to South Bend was in 2016 when Notre Dame was still in the Hockey East, with the teams splitting a weekend series.
- BU won the first ever meeting between the two schools on December 29, 1970 at the Boston Arena.
- Terrier Head Coach Jay Pandolfo has never lost to Notre Dame either as a coach or a player, as in addition to leading BU to last year’s victory, he captained the 1995-96 team to a 7-3 victory over the Fighting Irish on December 29, 1995 .
- BU has advanced to the NCAA Tournament in five of the six seasons it has defeated the Irish.
INTELLIGENCE OF THE FIGHTING IRISH
- Notre Dame fell to 1-2-0 after a 3-0 loss at RIT on Saturday.
- The Fighting Irish opened their season with a weekend split at home to Clarkson and have scored just four goals in three games.
- Senior Landon Slagert leads Notre Dame with two goals and is the only Irish skater with multiple points.
- Freshmen Danny Nelson and Jayden Davis have also lit the lamp for Notre Dame this season.
- Five different Irish skaters have recorded an assist this season.
- Graduate student and reigning Big Ten Goaltender of the Year Ryan Bischel owns a 1.68 goals-against average and .928 save percentage in three starts this season, including a 22-save performance against Clarkson on Oct. 8.
- Bischel allowed five goals and made 38 saves against the Terriers last season.
- BU will host UMass on Friday night at Agganis Arena in the Terriers’ first Hockey East home game of the season.
- Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m
- Fans can purchase tickets from click here.