The unofficial holiday known as Black Friday, which is now usually extended to include the three-day weekend after Thanksgiving, is traditionally one of the biggest shopping periods of the year, with over-eager consumers literally falling over each other over the years to catch unbeatable deals. It’s no exception in the new vehicle business, as automakers and their dealers have traditionally gone to great lengths to move the metal, especially end-of-the-year leftover models, with multiple incentives and deep discounts.
While deep inventory shortages and sky-high transaction prices made these Black Friday deals controversial during the pandemic era, they’re back with a vengeance this year. Dealers are once again on par with cars, trucks and SUVs and are most likely willing to move and trade eagerly to stay ahead of the game.
“After two years of a near-holiday deal, the market is ripe for a little seasonal cheer. Inventory growth is not slowing down, and nothing motivates a seller like a lot full of unsold cars,” according to Brian Finkelmeyer, senior director of insights and consulting for Cox Automotive. “We expect more promotions and incentives from select car manufacturers in the coming weeks. Will that be enough to offset the interest rate Grinch currently haunting the market? Not quite, but some December to Remember deals wouldn’t hurt.”
How rich are automaker incentives set for the rest of November. How about $30,000 back for a 2023 all-electric Audi RS e-tron GT? Even with a startling $147,100 starting price, that’s 20% off the top price, and that’s before what should be a hefty dealer discount. In fact, we found plenty of Black Friday promotions running, with Audi in particular giving cash discounts on the hoods of nearly every model it sells in the US, which is unusual for a luxury brand.
We’ve compiled an extensive list of 2023 and 2024 model year vehicles available for the remainder of November, with what appear to be widely available deals for at least $3,500 cash back, with many more in the $500-$3,000 range.
With supply now outstripping suddenly falling demand, carmakers’ incentives for electric vehicles in particular are especially rich right now. In addition to the aforementioned rebates, several brands that otherwise do not qualify for the one-time $7,500 federal tax credit given to EV buyers can take advantage of a loophole and pass all or part of that amount on to those who lease a new electric vehicle to reduce initial costs and/or monthly payments.
What’s more, with financing rates rising to levels not seen in years, automakers are also helping dealers attract buyers with low-interest financing deals through their self-financing divisions, with many models available with loans from 0.9%-2.9% range.
While the sweetest finance deals of all – those with 0.0% interest – remain elusive, we’ve managed to find a few models offered with zero per cent loans (and a few that include bonus cash back), and we’re also listing them by -down.
There are a few caveats, though: First, the best deals this time of year are almost always on leftover inventory from the previous model year (2023), which may be unpopular vehicles in odd colors or unwanted equipment, so bargain hunters will want to keep their options open in this regard.
Since automaker incentives often vary by region, usually to address local supply and demand issues, be sure to check the manufacturer’s website or contact a local dealership to see what’s available locally. As always, additional incentives may apply to any of our best deals this month, such as those often offered to recent college graduates and members of the military, or those who currently own or lease a model from the same brand or one from a specific competitor.
Finally, keep in mind that reduced interest rate financing programs like the ones presented here are only available to borrowers who have the highest credit scores; those with spotty credit will have to pay higher rates.
The best cashback deals for Black Friday
- 2023 Audi RS e-tron GT: $30,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi S8: $20,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi e-tron GT: $20,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi A8: $17,500 cash back.
- 2024 Audi RS e-tron GT: $15,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi SQ7: $9,000 cash back.
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6: $7,500 cash back.
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5: $7,500 cash back.
- 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning: $7,500 cash back.
- 2023 Be EV6: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Dodge Durango: $5,000 cash back.
- 2024 Audi A8: $5,000 cash back.
- 2024 Audi Q8 e-tron: $5,000 cash back.
- 2024 Audi Q8 e-tron Sportback: $5,000 cash back
- 2024 Audi S8: $5,000 cash back
- 2023 Audi Q5: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi Q5 Sportback: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi Q7: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi SQ5: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi SQ5 Sportback: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi SQ8: $5,000 cash back.
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5: $5,000 cash back.
- 2023 GMC Sierra 1500: $4,000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi Q4 e-tron: $4,000 cash back.
- 2023 Ram 1500: $4,000 cash back.
- 2024 Be EV6: $3,750 cash back.
- 2023 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV: $3,750 cash back.
- 2023 Kia Niro EV: $3,750 cash back.
- 2023 Audi A4: $3000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi A6: $3000 cash back.
- 2023 Audi Q8: $3000 cash back.
- 2023 Ford Mach-E: $3000 cash back.
The best Black Friday financing deals
- 2023/2024 Ford Edge: 0.0% for 60 months, plus $1,000 cash back.
- 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e: 0.0% for 48 months.
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe: 0.0% for 60 months, no payments for 90 days.
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid: 0.0% for 60 months, no payments for 90 days.
- 2023 Hyundai Tucson: 0.0% for 60 months, no payments for 90 days.
- 2023/2024 Mitsubishi Outlander: 0.0% for 36 months.
- 2023 Nissan Altima: 0.0% for 36 months, plus $1,000 cash back.
- 2024 Nissan Altima: 0.0% for 36 months, plus $500 cash back.
- 2023 Nissan Murano: 0.0% for 36 months, plus $1,000 cash back.
- 2023 Nissan Titan/Titan XD: 0.0% for 60 months.
- 2023 Subaru Solterra: 0.0% for 72 months.