An elderly Israeli hostage says Hamas terrorists removed her oxygen machine during her ‘unbearable’ time in the Gaza tunnels and is demanding the government negotiate the release of the remaining captives ‘now’

  • Margalit Moses, 77, speaks at a vigil to mark the second night of Hanukkah

An elderly Israeli hostage has told how Hamas terrorists removed her oxygen machine while she was held captive in the tunnels.

Margalit Moses, 77, spoke at an emotional demonstration to mark the second night of Hanukkah for those still missing.

She spoke of her “unbearable” time in captivity as loved ones lit candles at a long table set with seats for each of those not here for the Jewish holiday.

Relatives demanded that the Israeli government negotiate with Hamas to release them “now” in the square outside the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, renamed Hostage Square.

Families of the missing were seen crying as they lit candles at the table last night, while others joined chants calling for their release.

Margalit Moses, 77, escorted by a soldier to a hospital in Israel after her release by Hamas on November 24
Israelis gather to light candles at a vigil marking the second night of Hanukkah on December 9
A long table was set up with empty seats and a plate for each of the taken hostages
Two women embrace at the emotional demonstration in Tel Aviv, Israel on Saturday night

Miss Moses led the call in a powerful video message in which she spoke of her time in underground captivity after being abducted from Kibbutz Nir Oz.

“At night I have to be attached to an oxygen machine and I took it with me to Gaza so I could sleep,” she said.

“One of the terrorists who got mad at me took the device from me even though I told him it was my oxygen. I spoke to him in Arabic and he got the point but didn’t care.

“I didn’t sleep for 49 days. It was very hard. There were mental difficulties, there were physical difficulties, and every day it got harder.

“Being a hostage in the tunnels is an unbearable situation. We need to get people back as soon as possible.

Adina Moshe, 72, who was released after 49 days, told how she has “very old” friends from her kibbutz who are still trapped.

She said: “They are all very old with serious medical conditions and no proper medication.

“When I was there, the food situation kept getting worse. We ended up eating only rice.

Adina Moshe, 72, was released by Hamas after 49 days. She was filmed pushing away the hand of a Hamas fighter during her release (pictured)
A mural calling for Israeli hostages taken by Hamas on October 7 to be returned home

“I am begging and begging: please do everything for their release, so that I too can recover. Until they come back, my heart is there, I won’t be able to recover.

Families and loved ones of the missing shed tears as they light Shabbat candles at the table for the missing in Hostage Square.

Among them was Debbie Paz, 64, the 18-year-old daughter of Leary’s friend Albagh, who is still in Gaza.

“I’m hoping for a miracle. Every day I come here – we don’t know what to do. 64 days we wait.

“She’s only a child – she was in the army for a month. These people are animals. Worse than animals, they are devils.

A couple embraces at the emotional vigil held in Hostage Square, Tel Aviv
Empty dining table seats were arranged for the vigil, which was modeled after a Hanukkah holiday

Yoel Mendelsohn, 35, was seen crying as she hugged her husband Yoel, also 35, during the demonstration.

Mr Mendelsohn said: “We are here to support the families of the missing. A friend of mine was among those released.

“Being here feels like standing in an open wound.”

Eran Herrooti, ​​48, also came to show his support with his wife Ifat, 45. “It is important to show our support as some people are still in the clutches of the sick and evil Hamas.

Ms Herooti added: “I feel like I am part of something that is much bigger than any of them. This is solidarity.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *